Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cv cv is offline

Default Word document is converting to a previous version

I am working on a large document in Word 2003 with over 40 previous versions
current saved. My file naming convention includes a version name (ie. "Word
Doc - v5") so I can archive previous versions for reference.

For some reason my current version 42 has been reverting back to version 39
on its own. I first ran into this problem when I went to email v42 to some
as an attachment. I started with v42 open and clicked on Send To\Mail
Recipient As Attachment. When the email opened up it has v39 attached. I
made several attempts to coorect this and eventually had use a jump drive to
transfer the file. I just ran into a similar problem using Spell Check. I
had v42 open and when I clicked on spell check it opened v39 in another
window and proceeded to spell check v39. I can not spell check my most
current version (v42).

Any thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The document might be corrupt. See