Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RGlade RGlade is offline

Default Coding help

I created a word table in a new file, no big deal. I saved it on my desktop
and have opened and added to it several times with no problem. Now, when I
open it....it askes me to select the coding/encoding........I HAVE to have
this file, can anyone help? All other files on my desktop are okay.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's usually a symptom that the document has been corrupted (or worse...
overwritten by a virus). Do you have a backup copy of that file?

If you open it using the "Recover text from any file" option, do you see
remnants of what you think it should contain?

And... are you absolutely positive that that's the file you've been saving
from Word?

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"RGlade" wrote in message
I created a word table in a new file, no big deal. I saved it on my
desktop
and have opened and added to it several times with no problem. Now, when
open it....it askes me to select the coding/encoding........I HAVE to have
this file, can anyone help? All other files on my desktop are okay.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RGlade RGlade is offline

Well, I ended up recreating the file. I created it so i know it was a word
doc/table. I did not have a backup copy. Turns out, one of my coworkers
had the same thing happen. When it happened to me, i did end up rebooting my
computer and one of the two files came back. (I think I messed with the other
one too long and it couldn't be saved), anyway, I told her to reboot and
her's came back also. One was word and the other Excel. I wonder if it's
something our company is pushing to us that is "corrupting" or messing with
our files. They were all on our desktops.

PS. I tried recovering any of the text but it wouldnt.

Thank you for your help.

Mailmerge coding Noel Mailmerge 1 November 20th 08 02:53 AM
Format Coding GrammyMarcie Microsoft Word Help 2 February 23rd 07 09:34 PM
Translation purple coding?!?!?!? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 July 6th 06 02:31 AM
color coding cells motocrossed Tables 1 April 28th 06 10:23 AM
[newbie] better vba coding [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 5 September 14th 05 06:23 PM