Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

Default first line won't fully justify

On many occasions, but not all, when using full justification, the first line
will not go all the way to the right margin. if I split the word starting on
the next line, some of it will go to the first line, but it still does not go
all the way to the right margin. Note that there is a style separator in the
first line for a heading for the TOC. How do stop this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you combine two styles this way (whether with a style separator or a
hidden paragraph mark), both styles must be formatted as Justified. Modify
the heading style, and you should be right.

http://word.mvps.org

"bretsharon" wrote in message
On many occasions, but not all, when using full justification, the first
line
will not go all the way to the right margin. if I split the word starting
on
the next line, some of it will go to the first line, but it still does not
go
all the way to the right margin. Note that there is a style separator in
the
first line for a heading for the TOC. How do stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

Ok, I did something else. I included the paragraph preceeding the first
line, down to beyond the first line, and then justified... It seemed to
work.. thank you

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When you combine two styles this way (whether with a style separator or a
hidden paragraph mark), both styles must be formatted as Justified. Modify
the heading style, and you should be right.

http://word.mvps.org

"bretsharon" wrote in message
On many occasions, but not all, when using full justification, the first
line
will not go all the way to the right margin. if I split the word starting
on
the next line, some of it will go to the first line, but it still does not
go
all the way to the right margin. Note that there is a style separator in
the
first line for a heading for the TOC. How do stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

If there was something wrong with the style heading I would have changed it.
It doesn't have a problem when there is no style heading, just on normal
style. But put something else in that line like a style separator, then its
garbaged up. I think you have to direct apply. But if you have another way,
or describe changing the header, then tell me how to do it. There will be a
better way to do it, although MS won't deign to do it. It likely will be in
Chinese.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think I provided the answer in the first place. The heading style must be
formatted as Justified. This caveat is mentioned in
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RunInSidehead.htm