Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jo49 jo49 is offline

Default Styles and Templates

Trying to create a template that can lock-in and restrict formatting and
styles.
A document will go through various stages of review and comments.
Information is added by various scientists as the document cyles through the
process. We want to be able to limit the fonts that can be used in the
template. Sometimes information will be copied/pasted from a PowerPoint file
or another source and right now, documents have a mix of everything.
The problem seems to be that we cannot use a combination of a regular font
like Arial or Times Roman with Latin Symbols.
I'm working the Manage Styles and the style only allows one font designation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can use the Restrict Formatting and Editing pane to set the required
options. On the Developer tab, click Protect Document, and then click
Restrict Formatting and Editing. Select "Limit formatting to a selection of
styles" and then click Settings. Select the styles you want to be used in
the document. When you are done, click OK. Click Yes, Start Enforcing
Protection (and optionally type in a password).

If the Developer tab isn't visible, display it via Office button | Word
Options, Popular category.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jo49" wrote in message
Trying to create a template that can lock-in and restrict formatting and
styles.
A document will go through various stages of review and comments.
Information is added by various scientists as the document cyles through
the
process. We want to be able to limit the fonts that can be used in the
template. Sometimes information will be copied/pasted from a PowerPoint
file
or another source and right now, documents have a mix of everything.
The problem seems to be that we cannot use a combination of a regular font
like Arial or Times Roman with Latin Symbols.
I'm working the Manage Styles and the style only allows one font
designation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jo49 jo49 is offline

Can I have a style with multiple fonts? For example, Arial font and the
Symbol font. I need to use Scientific symbols; is there an Add-In available?

"jo49" wrote in message
Trying to create a template that can lock-in and restrict formatting and
styles.
A document will go through various stages of review and comments.
Information is added by various scientists as the document cyles through
the
process. We want to be able to limit the fonts that can be used in the
template. Sometimes information will be copied/pasted from a PowerPoint
file
or another source and right now, documents have a mix of everything.
The problem seems to be that we cannot use a combination of a regular font
like Arial or Times Roman with Latin Symbols.
I'm working the Manage Styles and the style only allows one font
designation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can use the Symbol dialog box to insert symbols from any available font
into your text. If you need to create mathematical expressions, use the
equation editor.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP