Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
n8deeo n8deeo is offline

Default Converting Word 07' with drop down list to Word 03'

Hello,

I created a survey with drop down lists in MS Word 07' and have sent it out
to my colleagues for review. However, some of them only have MS Word 03' and
were unable to use the drop down list that I embedded. I have tried to save
the 07' document into a Word 03' document for them however I get a prompt
that it cannot be done because the content control won't work in 03' format.

My question: How can I get around this so that my colleagues are able to
view the survey I created?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word is backward compatible with earlier versions but not forward
compatible. New features that were introduced in Word 2007, such as the new
content controls cannot be used in Word 2003. The answer is not to use them
and to create your form using legacy form fields.

n8deeo wrote:
Hello,

I created a survey with drop down lists in MS Word 07' and have sent
it out to my colleagues for review. However, some of them only have
MS Word 03' and were unable to use the drop down list that I
embedded. I have tried to save the 07' document into a Word 03'
document for them however I get a prompt that it cannot be done
because the content control won't work in 03' format.

My question: How can I get around this so that my colleagues are able
to view the survey I created?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nate Grimm Nate Grimm is offline

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

n8deeo wrote:
Hello,

I created a survey with drop down lists in MS Word 07' and have sent
it out to my colleagues for review. However, some of them only have
MS Word 03' and were unable to use the drop down list that I
embedded. I have tried to save the 07' document into a Word 03'
document for them however I get a prompt that it cannot be done
because the content control won't work in 03' format.

My question: How can I get around this so that my colleagues are able
to view the survey I created?

Would it be possible for my colleagues to get a compatibility patch
for their Word 03' and be able to use these content controls?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Nate Grimm wrote:

Would it be possible for my colleagues to get a compatibility patch
for their Word 03' and be able to use these content controls?

No - the patch only allows Word 2007 docments to be opened. It doesn't allow
Word 2003 to handle features that were added in 2007.
If you want 2007 features, you need Word 2007.