Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron P[_2_] Ron P[_2_] is offline

Default Extreme time to load word

In an effort to reduce costs, someone in the office created word documents
for daily procedural requirements that are very heavy on check boxes and text
boxes. As a result it takes a very long time to load a document required on
a daily basis on our computers, upto 2 or 3 minutes for some documents. Is
there any way to speed up the load time of a document without an upgrade of
the processor or memory? We are using Office2003.
--
Ron P
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A test document with 1000 check boxes loaded almost instantly. The problem
is most likely caused by an inabilty to access the template. Try saving the
template locally, open the document and attach the template from its local
location.