Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Veronica Veronica is offline

Default Font Size

In Word 2007, I have changed my normal template from 11pts to 12 pts, but
when I insert an old document, it comes in as 11pts - why is this happening
when I've already changed it to 12pts.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Changing the settings in Normal affects only new documents you create, not
existing ones. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/temp...ons/index.html

http://word.mvps.org

"Veronica" wrote in message
In Word 2007, I have changed my normal template from 11pts to 12 pts, but
when I insert an old document, it comes in as 11pts - why is this
happening
when I've already changed it to 12pts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Veronica Veronica is offline

Even if I've changed the old document to the 12pts and saved it and then
insert it into a document I am working on, it still reverts back to 11pts -
is there a way to change all old documents to the new 12pts so when I insert
into a new document it stays at 12pts?

"Veronica" wrote in message
In Word 2007, I have changed my normal template from 11pts to 12 pts, but
when I insert an old document, it comes in as 11pts - why is this
happening
when I've already changed it to 12pts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Perhaps you're applying manual formatting when you resize your old
documents, rather than Modifying the paragraph styles?

If when you paste your old material into your new document you use
Paste Special Unformatted Text, instead of just Paste, the pasted
text will take on the attributes of the text it's pasted into.

You can put a Paste Unformatted Text button on your Quick Access
Toolbar by right-clicking on the name of the command when you navigate
to it on the Ribbon.