Andy

Default Word 2003 won't maximise properly

Occassionally when I open Word 2003 (either the programme and then a .doc or
the .doc file straight away), the window fills about half the screen. The
programme seems to think that this is the window maximised and I can get it
no bigger.
Only have problems with Word and it does not occur every single time. Have
tried altering my Word shortcuts to new .exe files etc and this sometimes
seems to solve the problem for a few days.

Frustrating as I cannot view a fully maximised page to review documents!!!
Any ideas?
Chuck Davis

"Andy" wrote in message
Occassionally when I open Word 2003 (either the programme and then a .doc
or
the .doc file straight away), the window fills about half the screen. The
programme seems to think that this is the window maximised and I can get
it
no bigger.
Only have problems with Word and it does not occur every single time. Have
tried altering my Word shortcuts to new .exe files etc and this sometimes
seems to solve the problem for a few days.

Frustrating as I cannot view a fully maximised page to review documents!!!
Any ideas?

Andy,
Have you set the Percentage setting on the Standard Toolbar? Change it to
your desired percentage, say 100%.

Andy

Thanks, but it's not the page that I cannot fully view, but literally the
window that contains the programme. It's almost as if it looks like it would
if you were to click the 'restore' button in the top-right and partially fill
the screen. Except that when the problem occurs, Word acts as though the
window is maximized, yet it only fills have of my monitor screen.

Sounds bizarre and is...

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

"Andy" wrote in message
Occassionally when I open Word 2003 (either the programme and then a .doc
or
the .doc file straight away), the window fills about half the screen. The
programme seems to think that this is the window maximised and I can get
it
no bigger.
Only have problems with Word and it does not occur every single time. Have
tried altering my Word shortcuts to new .exe files etc and this sometimes
seems to solve the problem for a few days.

Frustrating as I cannot view a fully maximised page to review documents!!!
Any ideas?

Andy,
Have you set the Percentage setting on the Standard Toolbar? Change it to
your desired percentage, say 100%.

fmgil

I just installed Office 2003 at a client. 16 workstations, only one
workstation is experiencing this exact problem. Has anyone found out what
this problem is? Of course it's the CEO of the company who's having the
problem.

Thanks