Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kingme kingme is offline

Default Word 2007 Keeping reviewer comments separate

MS Word 2007 cannot keep reviewers comments from different individuals
separate. It looks as if all comments are from a single individual. This
makes it very difficult to review a document that's been edited by more than
one individual.

Any way to change this?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Was this document created in Word 2003 by any chance? If so, the reason could
be the "Remove personal information from file properties on save" option. To
clear this option in Word 2007: Click the Office button, and then click Word
Options. In the Trust Center category, click the Trust Center Settings
button. You'll find the option in the Privacy Options category (under
"Document-specific settings").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kingme" wrote:

MS Word 2007 cannot keep reviewers comments from different individuals
separate. It looks as if all comments are from a single individual. This
makes it very difficult to review a document that's been edited by more than
one individual.

Any way to change this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks for that, Stefan. I knew that setting was in there somewhere but
couldn't remember where it was.

http://word.mvps.org

"kingme" wrote:

MS Word 2007 cannot keep reviewers comments from different
individuals
separate. It looks as if all comments are from a single individual.
This
makes it very difficult to review a document that's been edited by more
than
one individual.

Any way to change this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kingme kingme is offline

Stefan,

thanks for your reply. We have a mixed office 2003/2007 environment in our
office so you are correct. I'll tell our Office 2007 users to make this
change and see if it fixes the issue. thanks!

"kingme" wrote:

MS Word 2007 cannot keep reviewers comments from different individuals
separate. It looks as if all comments are from a single individual. This
makes it very difficult to review a document that's been edited by more than
one individual.

Any way to change this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, they certainly hid it well!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kingme" wrote:

MS Word 2007 cannot keep reviewers comments from different
individuals
separate. It looks as if all comments are from a single individual.
This
makes it very difficult to review a document that's been edited by more
than
one individual.

Any way to change this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are welcome. If it doesn't work, just post back.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP