Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
That70sHeidi That70sHeidi is offline

Default Track Changes + Numbered Lists

Word 2007 - I can select the paragraphs/changes I want to accept and accept
them, but my paragraph's numbering, applied automatically via a multilevel
list, will not accept its changes.

Example - what was "5.1.3.8 References" has become "5.1.2.8 References" due
to the deletion of text, but I still see the red, crossed out 5.1.3.8.

The accept buttons are all grayed out unless I want to accept changes in the
whole document, which I do not.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As long as you are tracking changes, you will have to live with the fact
that numbering isn't correct. When editing is completed, choose Accept All
Changes in Document to "fix" the numbering.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"That70sHeidi" wrote in message
Word 2007 - I can select the paragraphs/changes I want to accept and
accept
them, but my paragraph's numbering, applied automatically via a multilevel
list, will not accept its changes.

Example - what was "5.1.3.8 References" has become "5.1.2.8 References"
due
to the deletion of text, but I still see the red, crossed out 5.1.3.8.

The accept buttons are all grayed out unless I want to accept changes in
the
whole document, which I do not.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To Accept (or Reject) a specific Change, select the change, and the
two buttons become available.

On Oct 28, 4:01*pm, That70sHeidi
wrote:
Word 2007 - I can select the paragraphs/changes I want to accept and accept
them, but my paragraph's numbering, applied automatically via a multilevel
list, will not accept its changes.

Example - what was "5.1.3.8 References" has become "5.1.2.8 References" due
to the deletion of text, but I still see the red, crossed out 5.1.3.8.

The accept buttons are all grayed out unless I want to accept changes in the
whole document, which I do not.

Multilevel lists become simple numbered lists in Word 2007 Dwolfe Page Layout 3 July 16th 08 10:37 AM
Numbered lists John9210 Microsoft Word Help 7 December 17th 07 10:43 AM
Numbered Lists Rod Plastow Page Layout 5 September 27th 06 04:54 PM
Numbered Lists Mary Lee Page Layout 5 August 12th 05 04:08 PM
Numbered Lists Anna Summers Microsoft Word Help 9 July 4th 05 06:06 AM