Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
LuOyen LuOyen is offline

Default Looks like a Table, does not convert to Text

I am using a template provided to me, but I am not sure that it was
originally a Microsoft Word document. The body of the text appears to be in a
table format, but when I attempt to convert to text, that option is grayed
out, as if I had not selected the table. There is no symbol just above and to
the left of the table to allow me to select the entire table. But there are
rows of text that can have borders and shading applied, just like a table.
Any suggestions about how I can remove the table and keep the text?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default QQ Looks like a Table, does not convert to Text

In this sort of situation it is vital that you display nonprinting
characters so that you can see what you're dealing with. It is probably a
table created with tab characters, to which shading has been applied
manually. There's a good chance that pressing Ctrl+Q would remove the
shading.

http://word.mvps.org

"LuOyen" wrote in message
I am using a template provided to me, but I am not sure that it was
originally a Microsoft Word document. The body of the text appears to be
in a
table format, but when I attempt to convert to text, that option is grayed
out, as if I had not selected the table. There is no symbol just above and
the left of the table to allow me to select the entire table. But there
are
rows of text that can have borders and shading applied, just like a table.
Any suggestions about how I can remove the table and keep the text?

Why can't I convert table to text? Mouse Manoeuvres Tables 1 June 12th 09 05:12 PM
convert text to table Sharon Tables 1 January 28th 08 10:46 AM
Convert Table to Text Mkate Microsoft Word Help 1 January 16th 07 04:27 PM
Convert from table to text Gone Sailing New Users 2 June 8th 06 04:30 AM
in text file convert to Word table.
Bill_McC Tables 1 January 27th 05 03:47 PM