Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BONNIEB2 BONNIEB2 is offline

Default how many computers/laptops can Office 2007 support?

I bought the office 2007 Suite and have it on my home computer.
I am thinking of buying a laptop. Can I download the cds on the new laptop?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
charles arnett charles arnett is offline

My copy of Office 2007 say on the box that it is licensed for 3 computers.
But I have Office Home and Student 2007
charles arnett

"BONNIEB2" wrote in message
I bought the office 2007 Suite and have it on my home computer.
I am thinking of buying a laptop. Can I download the cds on the new
laptop?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

BONNIEB2 wrote:
I bought the office 2007 Suite and have it on my home computer.
I am thinking of buying a laptop. Can I download the cds on the new laptop?

It is my understanding that you can do that provided that the computers
are not used simultaneously by different people.

The exact provisions are contained in the End User Licence Agreement
that you can read by clicking on the Office Button, then on Word Options
and then on Resources and then on About Microsoft Office Word and then
click on the "View the Microsoft Software Licence Terms"

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my
services on a paid professional basis.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Supersare Supersare is offline

Yes you can load it onto a total of three pc's/laptops.

"BONNIEB2" wrote:

I bought the office 2007 Suite and have it on my home computer.
I am thinking of buying a laptop. Can I download the cds on the new laptop?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 12:48:01 -0800, BONNIEB2
wrote:

I bought the office 2007 Suite and have it on my home computer.
I am thinking of buying a laptop. Can I download the cds on the new laptop?

Read the End User License Agreement to find out what's valid for the
edition you have. Most easily, go to Office button Word Options
Resources, click the About button, and click the blue link for View
the Microsoft Software License Terms. Look for the section titled
Installation and Use Rights, and specifically for the subsection
labeled Portable Device (an interesting description of a laptop).

The short answer is "probably yes, but make sure".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman[_2_] Jay Freedman[_2_] is offline

The "three PCs" allowance is only for the Home and Student edition. For most
of the other editions, the rule is one desktop and one laptop.

"BONNIEB2" wrote:

I bought the office 2007 Suite and have it on my home computer.
I am thinking of buying a laptop. Can I download the cds on the new laptop?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tim Mastrogiacomo Tim Mastrogiacomo is offline

On Nov 7, 3:48*pm, BONNIEB2
wrote:
I bought the office 2007 Suite and have it on my home computer.
I am thinking of buying a laptop. *Can I download the cds on the new laptop?

Three for home edition, I believe professional edition gives you more.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Home and Student gives you three. The Professional actually gives you
less - One desktop and one laptop, but not for concurrent use.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.