Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rodriguez rodriguez is offline

Default Figure caption and cross-reference different font

Hi,
When I insert a cross-reference to a figure captions, the cross-
reference appears in Normal text. I was wondering if it was possible
to set up the styles so that when you insert a cross-reference into
your text, you get a different format (like a bolded Arial). Is there
some way to specify the format of cross-reference text?

Thanks,
rodriguez

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Can I get it to say Fig. instead of Figure (while keeping the caption
label itself "Figure"), or p. instead of page? That doesn't seem to be
covered in this article.

On Nov 8, 6:53*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Seehttp://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/FormatCrossReferences.htm

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"rodriguez" wrote in message

Hi,
When I insert a cross-reference to a figure captions, the cross-
reference appears in Normal text. I was wondering if it was possible
to set up the styles so that when you insert a cross-reference into
your text, you get a different format *(like a bolded Arial). Is there
some way to specify the format of cross-reference text?

Thanks,
rodriguez-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have to type "Fig." yourself, then insert a cross-reference to just the
number.

http://word.mvps.org