Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Ann Mary Ann is offline

Default View bookmark €“ Word 2003

Is it possible to display a bookmark once you have created one, so that you
know it is there? The Show/Hide or the shortcut to show field codes (Alt +
F9) dont seem to display the bookmark. I know you can use the Go To command
to test it out o but this still doesnt display the bookmark code.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Tools, Options, View, Check the box for Bookmarks. All bookmarks in the
document will now be displayed with square brackets around the bookmark text.
These are non-printing characters.
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Mary Ann" wrote:

Is it possible to display a bookmark once you have created one, so that you
know it is there? The Show/Hide or the shortcut to show field codes (Alt +
F9) dont seem to display the bookmark. I know you can use the Go To command
to test it out o but this still doesnt display the bookmark code.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

I would like to add to Dean's answer that if you create a bookmark without
selecting any text, the bookmark will exist, although it will not embrace any
text. In this case, it will be represented by an I-shaped symbol and not by
brackets.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz