Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Seenewnow Seenewnow is offline

Default Blank white screen

Maybe this isn't a WORD problem, but it happens only when I'm using WORD.
(2007; XP professional). I'll be in the middle of working on a document
(I'm a writer; it's what I do all day) and then some innocent thing I do
(clicking the save icon; cutting and pasting; trying to pull down the scroll
bar . . . it can be anything) will result in the whole screen going blank
(white), with nothing in it at all except a blue part at the top that might
or might not contain the toolbars. The hourglass appears. The screen can
stay blank literally for as long as 90 seconds or two minutes; then the
document reappears, and after waiting another some seconds for it to "settle
down," I can work on it again. It's makin' me CRAZY!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Since it is happening in Word, it might very well be a Word problem. For
general troubleshooting, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom