Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
APL APL is offline

Default Restart list numbering feature won't work

My "Restart Numbering" feature doesn't work when assigning a particular list
style. When I right-click on the first number (currently 3.) and select
"Restart Numbering", it flashes to "1" but then resets to "3". I have cleared
the format and reapplied the style to no avail. Details below on settings.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I have a list style with the following properties:
Name: List Number L2
Style type: (none but I do see in gray the word "Paragraph")
Style based on: No Style
Style for the following paragraph: List Number 2

In my Customize Numbered List box I have the following properties:
Number format: 1.
Number style: 1, 2, 3, ... Start at: 1
Number position: Left Aligned at: 0.75"
Text position
Tab space after: 1" Indent at: 1"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which version of Word is this? If you are using Word 97-2003, try the
suggestions in this article:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...artMethods.htm.

Note that the safest and easiest method for restarting numbering in Word is
to set up an outline-numbered list, letting higher levels restart lower
ones (can be used in Word 2007 as well).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP