Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RedSwan6669 RedSwan6669 is offline

Default No space if shift+space

When I'm typing in a normal word document using MS Word 2007 on Windows Vista
32 bit PC, if I have the shift key held down while pressing the space bar, no
space is typed.

It makes it so that in order to type "OF THE" I have to let go of the shift
key between the two words when I press the space bar and then reapply the
shift key to continue. If I forget or miss releasing the shift key I get
"OFTHE" Most annoying!

Please tell me there is a setting somewhere to fix this. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Customize Keyboard dialog, assign the Shift+Spacebar combination to a
space? The easiest way to approach this might be to select the space
character in the Insert Symbol dialog (it's the first square in any font,
which looks empty but is labeled "SPACE"), then click Shortcut Key... and
type in your assignment. Make sure you have "(normal text)" selected in the
Symbol dialog so that this will apply to all fonts.

http://word.mvps.org