Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bluestar Bluestar is offline

Default Format Change in Equation Editor

I have created many formulas in a document. When I click on the existing ones
I would see the equation open-up in a box with small square black boxes in
each corner and center of each line. Now when I create a formula and click on
it to edit it opens a box with open circles.

The problem is the two different formats react differently to
page/paragraph/table formatting.

Have I triggered some different format for the equation editor?
If so, how can I get back to the original style?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bluestar Bluestar is offline

Here is additional information to aid in the diagnostic process.

Win XP, Word 2003 SP3

The GRIPS have changed from small black boxes and the corners and center to
small open circles.

The change in grips reflects a different type of object which reacts
differently to page/paragraph formatting.

Is there a setting that needs to be set back to default so I can get to old
equation edit format back?

"Bluestar" wrote:

I have created many formulas in a document. When I click on the existing ones
I would see the equation open-up in a box with small square black boxes in
each corner and center of each line. Now when I create a formula and click on
it to edit it opens a box with open circles.

The problem is the two different formats react differently to
page/paragraph/table formatting.

Have I triggered some different format for the equation editor?
If so, how can I get back to the original style?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Square sizing handles indicate an inline object, circular ones a wrapped
object. You can change the wrapping on any object using the Format object
dialog. You can also select the default wrapping for inserted/pasted objects
on the Edit tab of Tools | Options.

http://word.mvps.org

news

"Bluestar" wrote:

I have created many formulas in a document. When I click on the existing
ones
I would see the equation open-up in a box with small square black boxes
in
each corner and center of each line. Now when I create a formula and
click on
it to edit it opens a box with open circles.

The problem is the two different formats react differently to
page/paragraph/table formatting.

Have I triggered some different format for the equation editor?
If so, how can I get back to the original style?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bluestar Bluestar is offline

Suzanne, you're a life saver.
Problem Solved.
Thanks Bunches.
RON

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Square sizing handles indicate an inline object, circular ones a wrapped
object. You can change the wrapping on any object using the Format object
dialog. You can also select the default wrapping for inserted/pasted objects
on the Edit tab of Tools | Options.

http://word.mvps.org

news

.