Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teresa Teresa is offline

Default Inserting several page word doc..

I am trying to insert a multipage word document, with tables, into an
existing word document. I am using office 2003 and I am aware that I can't
use Insert Object because that only inserts the first page. I am really in a
bind. I am trying to create a contract with exhibits at the end of the
contract. I am able to copy, but the formatting is completely off base.
Please help bail me out....
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi Teresa,

1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the file.
2. On the Insert menu, click File.
3. In the Insert File dialog box, select the file that you want to insert.
4. Click Insert, and agree to any required conversions.

The entire file should be inserted.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Teresa" wrote:

I am trying to insert a multipage word document, with tables, into an
existing word document. I am using office 2003 and I am aware that I can't
use Insert Object because that only inserts the first page. I am really in a
bind. I am trying to create a contract with exhibits at the end of the
contract. I am able to copy, but the formatting is completely off base.
Please help bail me out....
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teresa Teresa is offline

Thanks Pesach,
I am able to bring in the entire file, but the format that it came in as is
terrible. The tables are hanging off of the page, overlapping pages, etc. Is
there any way to fix that, other than spending an hour or more making the
adjustments? It is 23 pgs.
I know..."good luck to me" lol

Thanks,
Teresa

"Teresa" wrote:

I am trying to insert a multipage word document, with tables, into an
existing word document. I am using office 2003 and I am aware that I can't
use Insert Object because that only inserts the first page. I am really in a
bind. I am trying to create a contract with exhibits at the end of the
contract. I am able to copy, but the formatting is completely off base.
Please help bail me out....
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi Teresa,

Without seeing your files, it is difficult to give you specific advice on
how to do this in a shorter time. My general approach would be to go through
the inserted material and apply paragraph and table styles that were
available in your document before you inserted the file. For example,
pressing Shift+Cntrl+N applies the Normal style. With regard to the tables
hanging off the page, check whether there were sections with the landscape
orientation for them in the inserted file. Also, check for section breaks and
delete any that you don't need in your document.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Teresa" wrote:

I am trying to insert a multipage word document, with tables, into an
existing word document. I am using office 2003 and I am aware that I can't
use Insert Object because that only inserts the first page. I am really in a
bind. I am trying to create a contract with exhibits at the end of the
contract. I am able to copy, but the formatting is completely off base.
Please help bail me out....
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Before inserting the file, insert a section break at the end of it. Also
insert a section break in your document at the point where you will be
inserting the file; insert the file below that section break. This will
preserve the document-level formatting (margins, page orientation, etc.); it
will not preserve style formatting unless the styles are unique to the
source document; it may preserve direct formatting.

http://word.mvps.org

"Teresa" wrote:

I am trying to insert a multipage word document, with tables, into an
existing word document. I am using office 2003 and I am aware that I
can't
use Insert Object because that only inserts the first page. I am really
in a
bind. I am trying to create a contract with exhibits at the end of the
contract. I am able to copy, but the formatting is completely off base.
Please help bail me out....
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teresa Teresa is offline

Thank you Suzanne and Pesach. This would have worked had the author not
created 47 tables. It worked for the rest of the document, but not the
tables....thanks for your time.

.