Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Catherine Wood Catherine Wood is offline

Default Saving document downloaded from email

I downloaded a word 2007 document from a windows mail email yesterday by
double clicking on it and opening in word 2007. I then worked on the document
and clicked "save". Today I cannot find the document on the computer, it
seems that it has not saved. Can anyone explain what has gone wrong?
Thanks
Catherine
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you use Word and Outlook 2007 this should no longer happen as the
combination does not allow you to save to a temporary location With other
e-mail applications, it is anyone's guess what might occur.

You should never open Word attachments directly from e-mail - however it
*may* be possible to recover your changes. See
http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm

"Catherine Wood" Catherine wrote in message
I downloaded a word 2007 document from a windows mail email yesterday by
double clicking on it and opening in word 2007. I then worked on the
document
and clicked "save". Today I cannot find the document on the computer, it
seems that it has not saved. Can anyone explain what has gone wrong?
Thanks
Catherine

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Not necessarily. I've encountered the ability to save changes to the
Temporary Internet Files numerous times with Outlook 2007 and Word 2007. The
documents didn't open as read only as they should. I'm not sure why, I've
tried determining the exact cause but never found a reason.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP