Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Font Questioner Font Questioner is offline

Default Theme fonts

Hello,

I'm trying to remove the fonts listed under "theme fonts" in the fonts
drop down menu. They haven't been my theme fonts since I installed Office
2007, but for some reason they're still listed there, and I can't find any
way to remove them. Any Help would be greatly appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can't delete the built-in theme fonts. What you can do is delete custom
ones: just right-click the fonts in the gallery and click Delete (on the
context menu).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Font Questioner" Font wrote in
message ...
Hello,

I'm trying to remove the fonts listed under "theme fonts" in the fonts
drop down menu. They haven't been my theme fonts since I installed Office
2007, but for some reason they're still listed there, and I can't find any
way to remove them. Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

In short, you don't remove them. Word 2007 documents have a Theme associated
with them regardless of whether you actually take advantage of Themes. What
you can do is change the Theme fonts to match those you are using. On the
Layout tab, in the Themes group, click Fonts. If you don't see a set that
matches what you use then click Create New Theme fonts at the bottom and
define the fonts for your Headings and Body.

Then, if desired, change your Theme colors and Theme effects. At the bottom
of the Themes gallery, use Save Current Theme to add it to your gallery. If
you want to set your Theme as a the default for new documents, on the Home
tab, in the Styles group, click Change Styles, and then click Set as
Default.

Note you may want to check out the available Style Sets as well prior to
setting your default if you also want to include a set of styles for your
new documents. Of course if you are familiar with Styles then you can define
your own and save your changes as a new Style Set.

To use your Theme or Style Set in existing documents, just select your
custom theme and Style Set.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP