thelisha

Default Drop Cap feature in Booklet

Hello,
I am making a booklet in Word 2003 and I am having difficulty with the drop
cap feature. The vertical alignment of my page is set to center, but I have
noticed when I try to use the drop cap feature it places the drop cap letter
at the top of the page. When I try to move it to the center, it jumps around
and will not go where I would like to place the letter. Has anyone else
experienced this and what was the solution? Thanks so much!
Thelisha
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?dGhlbGlzaGE=?=,

I am making a booklet in Word 2003 and I am having difficulty with the drop
cap feature. The vertical alignment of my page is set to center, but I have
noticed when I try to use the drop cap feature it places the drop cap letter
at the top of the page. When I try to move it to the center, it jumps around
and will not go where I would like to place the letter. Has anyone else
experienced this and what was the solution?

Your problem has to do with the "magic" Word does to make the text appear in
the middle of the page. The graphical object (it's a Frame, actually) thinks
the text is still at the top of the page; and all text flow formatting is
non-functional.

I'm afraid you'll need to either press ENTER to force the text down the page,
or format it with the necessary amount of SpaceBefore formatting to get the
visual effect you're looking for.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org