Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frederica Frederica is offline

Default Need Outlook to open .doc in Word 2007, not 2003

I have both Word 2003 and Word 2007 on my computer, we need to use word 2003
because of macros in there and uninstalling Office 2007 caused major issues,
so we have Office 2007 and Word 2003. I need to tell the computer to open
email attachments in Word 2003 but what it does is to configure Microsoft
Office professional Plus 2007 and after a delay of 1-2 mins it opens in Word
2007. If I already have Word 2003 open then it uses that whcih is great but
I keep shutting Word 2003 and then being back where I started, the document
does a long install and then opens in 2007. Any idea where I tell it that
2003 is the one to use ! Thank you so much
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

You may get a better response from the Outlook newsgroup for this problem.
here is the link to the Outlook General area.
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us
Best of luck
DeanH

"Frederica" wrote:

I have both Word 2003 and Word 2007 on my computer, we need to use word 2003
because of macros in there and uninstalling Office 2007 caused major issues,
so we have Office 2007 and Word 2003. I need to tell the computer to open
email attachments in Word 2003 but what it does is to configure Microsoft
Office professional Plus 2007 and after a delay of 1-2 mins it opens in Word
2007. If I already have Word 2003 open then it uses that whcih is great but
I keep shutting Word 2003 and then being back where I started, the document
does a long install and then opens in 2007. Any idea where I tell it that
2003 is the one to use ! Thank you so much

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The problem is that Word 2003 and 2007 share some registry entries, so you
have to choose which is dominant and set a registry option to stop the
updating. You'll find the details at
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

news