Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BillM BillM is offline

Default How do I insert a non-break space?

Sometimes when typing in word, I do not want a line to break between two
words. For example, Word automatically does this:

This is the end of Chapter
1.

But I want this:

This is the end of
Chapter 1.

I do not want a break between "Chapter" and "1".

How can I do this? I seem to remember in older versions of word you could
insert what was called a non-break space between the two words, but I can't
find out how to do it in Word 2002.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To insert a nonbreaking space, just press Ctrl+Shift+SpaceBar.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP