Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Norbear Norbear is offline

Default How do I print pre-numbered inventory count cards?

I need to print about 500 cards each quarter to send to different warehouses
locations to be used to count inventory. Has someone alredy done this? What
is the best program to use: Word or Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Enchanted Tutoring Enchanted Tutoring is offline

If I'm understanding your question correctly, you would use BOTH programs!

Use MS Excel to store your information, which would be the warehouses, their
addresses, etc. Be sure to give a heading to each column, which creates a
field, so to speak. For example:

Warehouse Warehouse Address City
State Zip
WH-001 1234 Anyplace Drive Anywhere CA
90006
WH-002 5678 Anyplace Road Anycity
IL 60009

BOLD the column headings, as that's what sets them apart at "fields".

Once you have this set up (including any inventory information you need for
numbering purposes), you now have a data source. Then you go into MS Word and
perform a Mail Merge. For more detailed instructions on how to perform mail
merge in Word, visit this Microsoft link:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...349201033.aspx

I hope that points you in the right direction. Let me know if you need
additional help with this.

"Knowledge is power!" --Francis Bacon
--
Gina Candido