Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Linda Linda is offline

Default Word 2007 doesn't catch all misspelled words

I posted this earlier today, but it doesn't seem to have gone through. My
apologies if it did.

Word 2007 document, saved as Word 97-2003 doc, also saved as Word doc. In
either case, it does not pick up the word "collogues" as a misspelled word. I
have done all of the suggested fixes and checks: hidden text, set language,
do not check, etc. None of them make any difference. I added the "word"
collogue as something to autocorrect--that doesn't help either.

I have had the same thing happen with other docs--Word will pick up most but
not all misspelled words. Is there any way to check the dictionary?

Only other thing to note is that I have word 2000 installed on my computer,
but I am not running it.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Have you checked to see whether the word is in your custom dictionary?
Go to Office button Word Options Proofing Custom Dicitionaries,
click on Custom.dic, and click Edit Word List. If the offending words
are in the list, select each one and click Delete.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman