Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Bear Fred Bear is offline

Default Envelope printing problem

I am using Word 2002. I created an envelope as part of a mail merge. I had
difficulty entering the address field. I thought that I had succeeded. Now
when I try to print using "Envelopes and Labels" it not only prints the
address that I want it also prints an address that I had used in the mail
merge. It seems to be a field in the form of a picture. It prints it to the
far left of the envelope. I can't find a way of removing the unwanted
address. I don't know where the template is located. Does anyone know how
to get rid of the unwanted field?
--
Fred
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds like you have the text that is appearing in the Return Address
field. on one of the tabs under ToolsOptions, you will find where that
address has been entered and can then delete it, or replace it with an
address that you may want to be used as the default return address.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Fred Bear" wrote in message
news
I am using Word 2002. I created an envelope as part of a mail merge. I
had
difficulty entering the address field. I thought that I had succeeded.
Now
when I try to print using "Envelopes and Labels" it not only prints the
address that I want it also prints an address that I had used in the mail
merge. It seems to be a field in the form of a picture. It prints it to
the
far left of the envelope. I can't find a way of removing the unwanted
address. I don't know where the template is located. Does anyone know
how
to get rid of the unwanted field?
--
Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Bear Fred Bear is offline

The problem does not involve my return address. My address is entered
correctly. The problem address appears well below it and at the level of the
address to which it is being sent.
--
Fred

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

It sounds like you have the text that is appearing in the Return Address
field. on one of the tabs under ToolsOptions, you will find where that
address has been entered and can then delete it, or replace it with an
address that you may want to be used as the default return address.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Fred Bear" wrote in message
news
I am using Word 2002. I created an envelope as part of a mail merge. I
had
difficulty entering the address field. I thought that I had succeeded.
Now
when I try to print using "Envelopes and Labels" it not only prints the
address that I want it also prints an address that I had used in the mail
merge. It seems to be a field in the form of a picture. It prints it to
the
far left of the envelope. I can't find a way of removing the unwanted
address. I don't know where the template is located. Does anyone know
how
to get rid of the unwanted field?
--
Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Bear Fred Bear is offline

Doug,
I discovered that there were two return addresses. The problem was well
below mine. Thanks for your help.
--
Fred

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

It sounds like you have the text that is appearing in the Return Address
field. on one of the tabs under ToolsOptions, you will find where that
address has been entered and can then delete it, or replace it with an
address that you may want to be used as the default return address.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

news