Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Clinton Dave Clinton is offline

Default Resoring blank documents defaults

I'm unable to restore my "blank document€ť (doc1) back to its original format.
Actually, let me correct myself. When I open a "blank document€ť my left
indentation is set at 2.5 (how it got changed--I haven't a clue) so I set my
left indentation back to 0", clicked on the default button & click "Yes" to
having these setting for all new NORMAL template. After that when I close
out of Word the Save windows prompts comes up. I have searched high & low
in trying to find where to replace & save my changes to apply to my "blank
document," but having had ANY luck in finding the location to save this
file/template. Of course when I close out of Word & reopen a Word blank
document my left indentation is still at 2.5€ť It's funny how our defaults
changes without your awareness, yet when you try & change them back to its
original format you never can. I just want my €śblank document€ť defaults to
be set back to its original settings/template, but dont know where to
replace/save the file. I hope that i written out my issue clear to understand

Using MS Office 2007 & Windows 7 Pro O/S

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

(Although your issue is not with text, this should still work.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dave Clinton" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you get the prompt to save the Normal template, are you saying yes? The
Blank Document is based on Normal.dot, so making the change the way you did
should correct the problem (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm) unless
you are in a corporate environment where Normal.dot is replaced at startup.

http://word.mvps.org