Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alberta67 alberta67 is offline

Default Lost ability in MSWord to make ANY changes to ANY document

Somehow when I open a document in Word, it will not let me do anything other
than open the document, print and close, everything else come up 'faded'- I
can't even make changes anymore, and i've tried restoring my system to an
earlier date, but nothing-
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_3_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_3_] is offline

Version of Word? If it's 2007 and someplace on the screen it says something
about "This modification is not allowed because selection is locked", it
could be that you've been using a trial version that's now expired or you
haven't properly activated your full version.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix

"alberta67" wrote in message
Somehow when I open a document in Word, it will not let me do anything
other
than open the document, print and close, everything else come up 'faded'-
can't even make changes anymore, and i've tried restoring my system to an
earlier date, but nothing-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you opening the document by double clicking on an attachment to an email
message?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"alberta67" wrote in message
Somehow when I open a document in Word, it will not let me do anything
other
than open the document, print and close, everything else come up 'faded'-
can't even make changes anymore, and i've tried restoring my system to an
earlier date, but nothing-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George[_2_] George[_2_] is offline

If Word 2007, try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924611

If an earlier version, try the Detect and Repair option under the
Help menu.

Hope this helps.

George