Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Wood John Wood is offline

Default Windows 7

Where do I find Purchase Key for MS software products?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 07:59:02 -0800, John Wood John
wrote:

Where do I find Purchase Key for MS software products?

If you've bought a retail copy with an actual disk, the product (not
purchase) key is printed on a sticker attached to the box. With the
plastic swing-out boxes being used for the current products, the
sticker is on the back of the swing-out part that holds the disk.

I've never bought any Microsoft products by downloading from their web
site, but I gather that you should receive an email containing the
product key.

If the product came pre-installed on a new computer, the computer
vendor should have supplied any keys you need, or you can use Belarc
Advisor (
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html) or the Magical
Jelly Bean Keyfinder (http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/) to
extract the key. Be aware, though, that some vendors have been
installing trial versions that will expire, without explicitly telling
buyers that's what they're getting.

By the way, you're in the wrong forum for Windows 7 questions; this
one is for Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman