Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ms Ms is offline

Default Moving/copying Macros

I am using Word 2007 - Office Home and Student. I have made some macros
which are very useful for me.

I am moving to a new computer where I will install Word 2007 - I would like
to move the macros there. Is there a location where all macros are stored
and I can copy and paste those files? In WordPerfect that can be done.

I tried looking in Word options and file locations but cannot seem to find
the macros stored files.

Thank you
--
MS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unless you have specified a different template, they are stored in
Normal.dotm.

http://word.mvps.org

"Ms" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007 - Office Home and Student. I have made some macros
which are very useful for me.

I am moving to a new computer where I will install Word 2007 - I would
like
to move the macros there. Is there a location where all macros are stored
and I can copy and paste those files? In WordPerfect that can be done.

I tried looking in Word options and file locations but cannot seem to find
the macros stored files.

Thank you
--
MS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Macros used with Word are stored in templates.

Clicke the Developer TabCodeMacros

The dialog that opens will display the macros currently loaded and
available. You can use the "Macros in:" field to determine the macros
stored in each loaded template. If you don't see your macro listed then it
is a) the template that stores is is not currenlty loaded, or b) the macro
takes arguments.

After you learn which template contains your macros you can use the
organizer to copy them to a new template and transfer that template to the
new PC.

Ms wrote:
I am using Word 2007 - Office Home and Student. I have made some
macros which are very useful for me.

I am moving to a new computer where I will install Word 2007 - I
would like to move the macros there. Is there a location where all
macros are stored and I can copy and paste those files? In
WordPerfect that can be done.

I tried looking in Word options and file locations but cannot seem to
find the macros stored files.

Thank you

Copying Macros in wod 2007 mhoule56 Microsoft Word Help 1 October 22nd 09 07:26 PM
Copying Macros gwarnick Mailmerge 2 July 8th 07 04:34 PM
MOVING MACROS mctavish Microsoft Word Help 2 May 8th 06 02:23 AM
Moving Macros between computers in Word 2003 mplstech Microsoft Word Help 3 March 31st 06 09:41 PM
Copying macros to new computer Bob S New Users 5 July 15th 05 08:52 PM