Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cookplex cookplex is offline

Default contents in word doc disappeared

typing in word doc and suddenly everything disappeared. Had done several
saves but when I try to pull up doc it is empty. Did I hit something that is
hiding doc from me/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Saving the document was your mistake. Your first reaction should always be
Ctrl+Z (Undo). Mostly likely you inadvertently pressed Ctrl+A (Select All)
and then pressed a key that overwrote your entire document. Now that it has
been saved (especially more than once, which also overwrote your backup, if
any), you're out of luck.

http://word.mvps.org