Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ZBs ZBs is offline

Default Automatically switch languages when moving from cell to cell

I'm putting together a template that employs both English and Japanese kanji.
Is there any already existing macro or option I can use so that the language
pack automatically switches back and forth as I tab through the cells?

If not, where should I go to learn the VB necessary to make the macro on my
own?

Thanks a lot!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Select the relevant columns and use Set Language to apply the appropriate
language formatting to the corresponding columns.

http://word.mvps.org

"ZBs" wrote in message
I'm putting together a template that employs both English and Japanese
kanji.
Is there any already existing macro or option I can use so that the
language
pack automatically switches back and forth as I tab through the cells?

If not, where should I go to learn the VB necessary to make the macro on
my
own?

Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ZBs ZBs is offline

Well, that does change the way it Word handles the cell as far as proofing
and such go; but I was speaking about the keyboard being switched as well.
From English input to Japanese IME being switched to. E.G. Typing in English
*tab key* typing in Japanese characters.

Since these are separate areas of Windows, I'm not sure that it can be done.

Thank you though.

"ZBs" wrote in message
I'm putting together a template that employs both English and Japanese
kanji.
Is there any already existing macro or option I can use so that the
language
pack automatically switches back and forth as I tab through the cells?

If not, where should I go to learn the VB necessary to make the macro on
my
own?

Thanks a lot!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Good point; and no, it probably can't be done.

http://word.mvps.org

"ZBs" wrote in message
news
Well, that does change the way it Word handles the cell as far as proofing
and such go; but I was speaking about the keyboard being switched as well.
From English input to Japanese IME being switched to. E.G. Typing in
English

"ZBs" wrote in message
I'm putting together a template that employs both English and Japanese
kanji.
Is there any already existing macro or option I can use so that the
language
pack automatically switches back and forth as I tab through the cells?

If not, where should I go to learn the VB necessary to make the macro
on
my
own?

Thanks a lot!

.

Text moving automatically to next cell Jupe Tables 1 January 20th 09 11:44 PM
Moving graphic in table cell Kate Microsoft Word Help 1 January 16th 07 09:03 PM
Moving a cell group Lindy Tables 1 May 18th 05 10:44 PM
Outlining and Moving to New Cell Cloudburst99 Tables 1 May 5th 05 05:15 PM
switch text order in a cell sue Microsoft Word Help 1 February 22nd 05 08:03 PM