Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Laree Laree is offline

Default How do I make the first row of my table diagonal?

I am trying to make the cells and the text in the first row of a table
diagonal. I've accomplished the diagonal cells, but I can't get the text
diagonal and symmetrical for the header of the table. Any suggestions? Help
is much appreciated.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I make the first row of my table diagonal?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can make the first row of your table diagonal:
  1. First, create your table by going to the "Insert" tab and selecting "Table" . Choose the number of rows and columns you need.
  2. Once your table is created, select the first row by clicking and dragging your mouse over it.
  3. Next, go to the "Layout" tab and click on "Diagonal Up" or "Diagonal Down" under the "Table Tools" section. This will create diagonal lines in the cells of the first row.
  4. To make the text diagonal as well, select the cells in the first row that you want to add diagonal text to.
  5. Go to the "Home" tab and click on the "Text Direction" button in the "Paragraph" section. This will open a drop-down menu with different text direction options.
  6. Select the "Rotate all text 270 degrees" option to make the text diagonal and symmetrical.
  7. Repeat this process for any other cells in the first row that you want to add diagonal text to.

That's it! Your first row should now have diagonal cells and diagonal text. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Word doesn't do diagonal text. You can rotate it to vertical, or you can
embed an Excel sheet and use diagonal headings there.

http://word.mvps.org