Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jfchclegg jfchclegg is offline

Default HOW TO LOCK A CELL IN A TABLE?

How do I lock any cell in a table in XP 2003 word so it can not be altered?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aeasmmikey aeasmmikey is offline

Tools - Protection - Protect Sheet.

The default check-boxes allow people to select your Locked Cells, but not to
alter them.

How do I lock any cell in a table in XP 2003 word so it can not be altered?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

That answer works for Excel, but there is no direct equivalent for Word.

Instead, you can go to Tools Protect Document. In the pane that appears,
check the "Allow only this type of editing" box and leave the dropdown under
it as "No changes (read only)". At this point the whole document is
protected. Now select a part of the document that should be editable, and
check the box for Everyone in the pane's Exceptions area. Repeat the
select-and-check for each editable area. Finally, click the Start Enforcing
button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman