Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doxie 2 Doxie 2 is offline

Default Cursor in saved document

When I save my document the cursor is still there and you can delete words or
add to it. Never happened before how do I get rid of it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Please explain this more in detail. What do you expect to happen?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Doxie 2" Doxie wrote in message
When I save my document the cursor is still there and you can delete words
or
add to it. Never happened before how do I get rid of it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doxie 2[_2_] Doxie 2[_2_] is offline

When I attach it to an email and send it the cursor is still in there and
that has never happened before...

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Please explain this more in detail. What do you expect to happen?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Doxie 2" Doxie wrote in message
When I save my document the cursor is still there and you can delete words
or
add to it. Never happened before how do I get rid of it?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doxie 2[_2_] Doxie 2[_2_] is offline

In other words whom ever gets my Word Document when I send it to them can
change anything they want....I know I can save it as a read only but then I
cannot make adjustments in the Document..

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Please explain this more in detail. What do you expect to happen?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Doxie 2" Doxie wrote in message
When I save my document the cursor is still there and you can delete words
or
add to it. Never happened before how do I get rid of it?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's how it's supposed to work -- if you send someone a Word
document, they can open it in Word and work on it.

If you want them not to be able to change the document, make it into a
pdf and send that instead.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:
Please explain this more in detail. What do you expect to happen?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Doxie 2" Doxie wrote in message
When I save my document the cursor is still there and you can delete words
or
add to it. *Never happened before how do I get rid of it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doxie 2[_2_] Doxie 2[_2_] is offline

I finally figured it out. If I send it by email in a PDF file the recipient
cannot change the contents of the document. Thanks you

"Stefan Blom" wrote:
Please explain this more in detail. What do you expect to happen?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Doxie 2" Doxie wrote in message
When I save my document the cursor is still there and you can delete words
or
add to it. Never happened before how do I get rid of it?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is no way whatsoever that you can prevent anyone from copying and
changing any document that you allow them to see. You can only slow them
down a bit. PDF is a typical way of inhibiting such editing, but it is by no
means perfect.