Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default bibliography misfiring

I inserted a bibliography into my document (97 items). I wanted to
fine-tune the formatting (italics here and there, etc.), so I want it
to be static text.

(1) It's very hard to get the tab at the top of the frame to show.

(2) When it does show, the "Convert to static text" command does
nothing at all. (It used to work.)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It worked! (On a new test document. I didn't try it on the
recalcitrant one yet, because I cut the bibliography to a new document
so I could format it separately as a handout.)

But even in the new test document, Insert Bibliography didn't include
the blue Bibliography title above. (Insert Works Cited does include
the blue title above.)

Weird, no?

On Feb 2, 1:36*pm, "Yves Dhondt" wrote:
If it really is misfiring, you could try to do it through a macro. No
guarantee that that will work though.

Sub BibliographyToStaticText()

* * Dim fld As field

* * ' Go over all stories, including main, footnotes, ...
* * For Each sr In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
* * * * ' Find all bibliography fields and convert them to static text.
* * * * For Each fld In sr.Fields
* * * * * * If fld.Type = wdFieldBibliography Then
* * * * * * * * fld.Select
* * * * * * * * WordBasic.BibliographyBibliographyToText
* * * * * * End If
* * * * Next
* * Next

End Sub