Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
daniesmiley daniesmiley is offline

Default Having a template you can fill in but get prompted with save-as

I want to have my template, that I created already (.dotx format) To promt
any user who opens it - once they attempt to save, with the save-as dialogue
box.
I know there is a way to have it so that you can enter information but are
unable to change the original document. I do not have any administrator
access.
I have obtained this feature before (recently) without using the "read-only"
feature, I just forget what I did.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If it is a .dotx, then it is a template, and if users create documents based
on it in the normal way, they will be prompted to save.

http://word.mvps.org

"daniesmiley" wrote in message
I want to have my template, that I created already (.dotx format) To promt
any user who opens it - once they attempt to save, with the save-as
dialogue
box.
I know there is a way to have it so that you can enter information but are
unable to change the original document. I do not have any administrator
access.
I have obtained this feature before (recently) without using the
"read-only"
feature, I just forget what I did.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

They should not open the template. The should use FileNew and select the
template as the basis of the document that they want to create.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.