Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pjs pjs is offline

Default Preserving embedded links when moving a file

Using Word 2003 on Windows XP

I have a Word document that contains embedded links to other Word documents
and PDFs. All of the files are in the same folder. If I burn this folder to a
CD, or FTP it to a colleague, will the links be preserved? Or must I do
something beforehand? Thanks,

pjs
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi pjs,

You'll need to change the way the links work, so that they'll apply 'relative' Paths, instead of the usual 'absolute' paths. To see
how to do this, check out the solution I've posted at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=670027

--
Cheers
macropod