Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Paul Paul is offline

Default Cell-end mark takes up a line of its own

I created a table with fixed-width columns. In the top row, each cell
contains a Microsoft Word Picture (I think it's synomyous with a
Picture Object). I resize the picture object to take up the entire
width. The height of the row increases to accommodate the Picture
Object. This is good with one exception. When the Picture Object
takes up the entire column width, the end-of-cell mark (like an end-of-
paragraph mark, but round) wraps around to occupy a text line of its
own. I don't want this extra space, but neither do I want the Picture
Object to be shrunk to take up less than the entire column width. Is
there a way to prevent the end-of-cell mark taking up an entire text
line's worth of cell height?

I'm using Word 2003 on Windows XP.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You might try giving the cell paragraph a tiny negative right indent. Or
perhaps format the EOC marker as Hidden?

http://word.mvps.org