Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clyde9195 Clyde9195 is offline

Default how to Add fill in text blocks to an existing document

I have an existing form that I would like to add text areas to be filled out
by the users. I know this can be done, because I have used this feature in
the past. Any help will be appreciated...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

First unprotect the form.

- In Word 2003 or earlier, display the Forms toolbar (click View
Toolbars Forms) and click the Lock icon.

- In Word 2007, go to Office button Word Options Customize, set
the category to All Commands, and add the Lock command to the Quick
Access Toolbar. Then click that button. Also, on the Popular tab of
the Word Options dialog, check the box to show the Develop tab on the
ribbon.

Put the cursor at the place in the document where you want another
text field, and click the Text Form Field button (the one that says
"ab|"). In Word 2003 that's also on the Forms toolbar; in Word 2007
it's on the Developer tab, in the Controls group, when you click the
Legacy Tools button (the fourth one in the second row).

After you've added all the fields you need, click the Lock button
again to protect the document and make the fields usable.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman