Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StellaB StellaB is offline

Default How can I stop my computer saving documents as Read Only?

I find it irritating when files save as Read Only. If I edit them I have to
save again under another name. Then the original file can be neither moved
or deleted. How can I stop files being saved as Read Only?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kristie C kristie C is offline

"StellaB" wrote:

I find it irritating when files save as Read Only. If I edit them I have to
save again under another name. Then the original file can be neither moved
or deleted.

How can I stop files being saved as Read Only?
Make sure the file is not protected. Under the Review tab under Protect
Document make sure it is Unrestricted Access.