Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
renee renee is offline

Default word spacing in last line using block format

Sometimes, the words in the last line in a block formatted paragraph stretch
across the line. If there are only 6 words in the last line, they are spaced
far apart across to the right margin. Not always, however. This has been
bugging me for years! Help please! Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

That sounds as if you entered a soft return (shift+enter) at the end of the
paragraph rather than a hard return (enter).

A soft return moves to a new line within the same paragraph and therefore
will stretch your current line if alignment is set to justify.

Yves