Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tess Tess is offline

Default How do I Merge Cells in an Office 2007 table?

When I am creating a table in Office 2007 and want to merge cells in a row,
there is no 'merge cells' option in the right-click menu as there was using
XP. The Table drop-down menu doesn't have it either. What other options do I
have?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Merge Cells is on the context sensitive Table Layout tab of the ribbon.
It will also be on the right mouse button if the cells you wish to merge are
selected.

"Tess" wrote in message
When I am creating a table in Office 2007 and want to merge cells in a
row,
there is no 'merge cells' option in the right-click menu as there was
using
XP. The Table drop-down menu doesn't have it either. What other options do
have?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
trip_to_tokyo[_2_] trip_to_tokyo[_2_] is offline

Highlight the cells you wish to merge.

This will cause Table Tools to appear in your Title Bar (towards the right
hand side).

In the Layout contextual tab (just below and to the right of Table Tools) go
to the Merge group and select Merge Cells.

Thanks.

"Tess" wrote:

When I am creating a table in Office 2007 and want to merge cells in a row,
there is no 'merge cells' option in the right-click menu as there was using
XP. The Table drop-down menu doesn't have it either. What other options do I
have?

Inserting table cells in Word 2007 Millie[_2_] Tables 2 August 29th 08 10:52 AM
Test Alignment issue in Table with Merge Cells (rows) Glen Tables 4 November 30th 07 08:04 PM
How do I add cells in a Word table in 2007? remmats Tables 2 October 9th 07 07:05 PM
merge cells in a table tealady Tables 3 August 1st 06 11:15 PM
table cells loose shading during merge operation RandyAAEPA Mailmerge 0 September 8th 05 05:36 PM