Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tranch tranch is offline

Default Not a genuine copy?

I turned on my Word program and got this message, "This copy of Office is not
genuine." I also got the same message in Excel.

I have a Dell 4700 PC that I've owned for 5 or 6 years and it has Office XP
Professional with Front Page SP3 on it. I'm very sure I had ordered Office
on this PC when I purchased it from Dell, (my previous Dell had Win98 and I
assumed the "new" XP wouldn't run the older Win98 programs.) I've been using
it all these years with no problem, why would I be getting this message now?
How can I correct the problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It appears you may have downloaded the update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949810 and the validation process has
identified your copy of Office as not genuine, which in the circumstances is
probably a false positive. I cannot imagine Dell supplying pirated software
with their equipment.

You could either address this through http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/
or see
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...tall-kb949810/