Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Kratochvil Jan Kratochvil is offline

Default How to set default language for all text and object in DOCX file.

I have to review a large DOCX file. This file was translated and the
translator left lots of text fields in drawing canvas and other places in
wrong language.

Is there any possibility how to set in Word all the text to one language?
Ctrl+A does not works for all objects.

My document must be in German and I have some German text set as Czech or
English.

--
Regards
Jan Kratochvil
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is much the same process as updating fields in story ranges. The
following should work

Sub German()
Dim oStory As Range
For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
oStory.LanguageID = wdGerman
If oStory.StoryType wdMainTextStory Then
While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing)
Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange
oStory.LanguageID = wdGerman
Wend
End If