Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
plc plc is offline

Default text boxes lose formatting, size, and placement - why?

I am using Office 2010 on a Windows 7 machine. I am working with text boxes
and I am having the following problems:
1. When I scroll the text box loses its size, place, and sometimes the text
in the box.
2. When I toggle betwee show/hide formatting marks, the same thing happens.
3. The Position button options do not place the text box as expected.
Is this a beta issue? Is there some default I need to reset?

BTW: the document has sections and columns if that is important to know.
Thanks...plc
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This appears to be a display issue. Word makes surprisingly large demands on
the display driver. Try updating your display driver and/or reducing its
hardware acceleration.

"plc" wrote in message
I am using Office 2010 on a Windows 7 machine. I am working with text boxes
and I am having the following problems:
1. When I scroll the text box loses its size, place, and sometimes the
text
in the box.
2. When I toggle betwee show/hide formatting marks, the same thing
happens.
3. The Position button options do not place the text box as expected.
Is this a beta issue? Is there some default I need to reset?

BTW: the document has sections and columns if that is important to know.
Thanks...plc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
plc plc is offline

Thank you for this idea. I have tried working with text boxes as previously
described on three different machines all running beta Office 2010 and
Windows 7, and always the same result with the text boxes and Word Art losing
its formatting or sizing or placement or any combination of these things.

I did as you suggested below on one machine and no change. Other ideas?

thanks...plc

.