Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Win Win is offline

Default Outline Numbering in 2007

How could I create a style that includes Outline numbering in 2007?

In 2003, new style can be made with defining Numbering. I see only single
numbering and bullet in new style with 2007.

Thx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2007, you can quickly create outline numbering via Home tab |
Multilevel List; just pick a format that you want from the List Library. If
you want heading numbering, choose a list format that includes the heading
styles.

To create outline numbering from start, click Home tab | Multilevel List |
Define New Multilevel List. You are presented with a dialog box similar to
the Customize Outline Numbered List dialog of Word 2003.

That same command can be used to edit an existing list, if you first place
the insertion point in the first level 1 item of the list (for heading
numbering, this means the first Heading 1 paragraph of the document).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"win" wrote in message
How could I create a style that includes Outline numbering in 2007?

In 2003, new style can be made with defining Numbering. I see only single
numbering and bullet in new style with 2007.

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Win Win is offline

Appreciate if you could tell me the relationsips bet. Multilevel List and a
Style. Also, about two New Lists.

Seperate to my question, whenever I tried to do something with List, my pc
lost memory and other strange things happened. My pc has 6G memory and 1G
dedicated to video memory. I don't know what and how this happens. Is it
related to 2003 compatibility mode?

thx

"win" wrote:

How could I create a style that includes Outline numbering in 2007?

In 2003, new style can be made with defining Numbering. I see only single
numbering and bullet in new style with 2007.

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you associate each level of a multilevel list with a unique paragraph
style, you can apply numbering by applying the appropriate paragraph style
to text. In fact, you are recommended to make use of style-based numbering.

It will be quite easy to make use of the heading styles, since there are
already built-in formats for those; see my previous message for the basics.
Note, however, that the general principles apply to any set of nine styles
that you want to attach to your list levels.

All aspects of numbering, including attaching paragraph styles, can be done
in the multilevel list dialog, which works pretty much the same as the
Customize Outline Numbered List dialog box of previous versions. You may
still find the article at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html useful.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

"win" wrote:

How could I create a style that includes Outline numbering in 2007?

In 2003, new style can be made with defining Numbering. I see only single
numbering and bullet in new style with 2007.

Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Win Win is offline

How does it relate to the style? eg.

I created the new multi list as you described. Trying to apply to a new
paragraph, I go to the icon but don't see the list. Why?

Is this the style to be applicable to any other styles? I can create perfect
style with outline numbering with 2003 but... :-(

"win" wrote in message
How could I create a style that includes Outline numbering in 2007?

In 2003, new style can be made with defining Numbering. I see only single
numbering and bullet in new style with 2007.

Thx

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Win Win is offline

1. I created a new list style from 'Define New List Style'. Let's call it
Test here.

I see Test in List Styles but when I open up a new document, I don't see it
there. Why? How should I do to appear my new lists in new documents.

2. I was previously experimenting and must have created something at that
moment. I see that experiment in 'List Styles' when I open a new document.
How could I delete it?

Thank you.

"win" wrote in message
How could I create a style that includes Outline numbering in 2007?

In 2003, new style can be made with defining Numbering. I see only single
numbering and bullet in new style with 2007.

Thx

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have attached the numbering to paragraph styles, as in older versions
of Word, you apply the relevant *style* to text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"win" wrote in message
How could I create a style that includes Outline numbering in 2007?

In 2003, new style can be made with defining Numbering. I see only
single
numbering and bullet in new style with 2007.

Thx

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

1. Copy the list style to your template. Note that even if you create a list
style, you should still attach each numbering level to a paragraph style,
and then use the paragraph styles when you want to apply numbering to text.

2. You can delete a custom list style via the Manage Styles dialog box. In
the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), click Manage Styles. On the Edit tab,
select the style and press the Delete button. If you want to delete the
style (or any custom style, for that matter) from another document or
template, you can click the Import/Export button (displays the Organizer
dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP