Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike H. Mike H. is offline

Default Field Code WOn't Perform

I inserted the following Field Code:
MACROBUTTON NOName [Click and type the Who Should Come]

There is no macro named NOName and when I click it nothing happens. I can
toggle using Alt-F9 and see it 2 ways:
{MACROBUTTON NOName [Click and type the Who Should Come]}
AND
[Click and type the Who Should Come]

But neither way allows me to enter any text. Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See how the procedure you are using differs from the description at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Mike H." wrote in message
I inserted the following Field Code:
MACROBUTTON NOName [Click and type the Who Should Come]

There is no macro named NOName and when I click it nothing happens. I can
toggle using Alt-F9 and see it 2 ways:
{MACROBUTTON NOName [Click and type the Who Should Come]}
AND
[Click and type the Who Should Come]

But neither way allows me to enter any text. Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Mike,

The whole point of using a MACROBUTTON field this way is that, as soon as you start typing in it, the field gets deleted. If that's
not what you want, perhaps you need to attach a macro to the MACROBUTTON field or use a FILLIN field coded along the lines of:
{FILLIN "Click, Press F9 and input Who Should Come"}

--
Cheers
macropod

"Mike H." wrote in message ...
I inserted the following Field Code:
MACROBUTTON NOName [Click and type the Who Should Come]

There is no macro named NOName and when I click it nothing happens. I can
toggle using Alt-F9 and see it 2 ways:
{MACROBUTTON NOName [Click and type the Who Should Come]}
AND
[Click and type the Who Should Come]

But neither way allows me to enter any text. Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Mike H." wrote in message ...
I inserted the following Field Code:
MACROBUTTON NOName [Click and type the Who Should Come]

There is no macro named NOName and when I click it nothing happens. I can
toggle using Alt-F9 and see it 2 ways:
{MACROBUTTON NOName [Click and type the Who Should Come]}
AND
[Click and type the Who Should Come]

But neither way allows me to enter any text. Ideas?

Field code not seen before LittleAnn Microsoft Word Help 2 February 21st 08 09:18 AM
Zip Code field returns 00000 when nothing in field in from xls Kim Mailmerge 2 October 3rd 07 02:30 PM
Field code being displayed and not the field Ted Hill Microsoft Word Help 1 May 4th 06 09:01 PM
Field Code Kim Microsoft Word Help 1 February 3rd 06 09:57 AM
Word 2003 Field code within a field code Cheryl Mailmerge 2 November 25th 05 08:31 AM