Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djb djb is offline

Default Word 2007 - import comments from a different file

I have two documents -- one (the old text) has comments and the other (the
current text) doesn't. I need to get the comments (as many as are still
relevant) into the current text. I tried running a redline (using Workshare)
and the comments didn't come over, regardless of which file I used as the
original file. Then I tried using the "combine revisions from multiple
authors into a single document" feature, using the old, annotated document as
the original file. I thought it worked perfectly until I started going
through it. I discovered that lots of the comments didn't come through. The
only explanation I can think of is that the document is just too big (128
pages) and has too many comments (815).

Is there a reliable way to get all of the comments into the new doc besides
copy & paste?